7.24.2009

Rebirth Issue #2: Failing fighting writer's block...


As a writer, having writers block seems as terminal as cancer...I'm not fucking bullshitting...I've got 500,000,000,000 thoughts in my head and I'm at a loss for how to express them and how to choose which thoughts to express...It feels like I've never written a thing in my cot-damn life...And so I force myself to push out something; anything...And the below is what I come up with...A piece of shit, but it's something...I'm off to the country for a little while to hopefully get my head together because I think the city is only adding to the confusion...Wish me luck...


Turn off the stereo when you look into his eyes
Volume too loud to concentrate on two symphonies
The music in the ocean-blue of his sight is bursting my eardrums
Until I can hear only one tone
And as I raise my hand in protest of this irreconcilable difference
He purses his lips and mouths
“Doesn’t everyone deserve to be happy?”
My deaf tones yield more depth for the concerto of his existence
And he is as beautiful as I am dumb
.FIN.

No comments: