3.20.2009

Drake: So far Gone...


Ok, I'm on a roll this morning...A late roll, but a roll nonetheless...I say a late roll because, the mixtape I'm about to wildly encourage you to download came out quite a while ago...I've known about this artist for quite some time now through Colin Munroe, and some of you may even recognize him from Degrassi High (Yes, as in the teeny bopper show...He got shot...blah blah blah...Wheelchair kid...Forget all of that though...Shove it under your mental rug and forget about it...Put it in your pipe and smoke it?...I dunno, but this kids bad acting is NOT indicative of his rapping/singing skills)...Anyway, Drake is yet another Canadian artist who is exploding onto the scene via some really big names in the industry who have taken him under their wing (Wayne (What ever happened to Curren$y and Brisco?) and Trey Songs namely)...Don't get it twisted, this kid has ridiculous amounts of talent...He is probably one of only a handful of rapping singers (or singing rappers, what have you) that I respect for their unbridled talent (Cee-Lo and Andre 3 Stacks are 1 and 2)...With that being said, get Drake's latest mixtape 'So Far Gone'...There are so many guest artists on this that you actually want to listen to (Lykki Li, Santogold, Bun B, Lil Wayne, Trey Songs and more)...If you don't believe me, here's a few samples...These samples are subsequently my favorite songs on the mixtape...Peep...

November 18th



Houstalantavegas



Successful (Featuring Trey Songs)


.FIN

No comments: