10.02.2008

Happy Birthday Deshaun Holton aka Proof aka Dirty Harry aka My Heart...



Something you all may not know about me because I don't speak on it much as it is still a great sadness in my heart...There is not a week that goes by that I do not think about this great man and there is not a week that goes by that I do not shed a tear for him...His name was Deshaun...I always refused to call him by his rap name 'Proof'...I have so many lovely memories of this man and I guess that's part of the heartache too...He was my one and only love and my number one mentor...He taught me how to be a better person and how to fight for what you really want out of life even if it hurts so bad you want to quit...HE taught me how to write...I am more than grateful to him for this lesson alone...HE taught me how to read the dictionary to expand my vocabulary...HE taught me how to challenge my own mental capacity...He taught me what love is and how it hurts...He is the reason I am the woman I am today...The good and the bad of who I am...But mostly good...He is the epitome of love...He is greatly missed by me but I know HE walks by my side all day, every day...I find comfort in the fact that, as he promised, he never left my side...And he never will...Today is the celebration of your born day too DeShaun...And tonight I'm gonna party like we always did...In true Libra fashion...We are so proud to be who we are and we never falter for anyone...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DESHAUN, I LOVE YOU UNTIL THE END OF TIME...
I wear this proudly...
.FIN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proof will always be missed. a true staple of the d