10.27.2008

Heroin & Cigarettes: My new song...


Intrigued?...You should be...After a long songwriting/Studio hiatus, I've finally gone and relieved the absence of both (though the project is not nearly complete)...'Heroin and Cigarettes' is a hardcore, raunchy and sad version of what I imagine I feel like on the deepest parts of my inside and where possibly I might be, had I not the integrity to push through this breakup...*GASP!*...Yes, the breakup...That dreaded thing that put me on my ass for far too long...I suppose this song is part of my healing process...Guess we'll just have to wait and see...Anyway, the finished product should debut here in a few weeks after ad libs and mixing and mastering...Perhaps a verse from one of my uber talented lyricist friends...Stay tuned...
.FIN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh... the title and photos marauded me in. Im wondering how you're going to tie them both since one is more addictive than the other.

hmmm, ya got me

Aja said...

Yeah...'Tis a bit heavy on the soul...I'll put it into perspective a little better...Think of feeling lost like you've got nothing left in the world...Except...Heroin, then subsequently you smoke a cigarette or twelve to try to ease even more pain and perhaps gain more euphoria - to no avail...Escape, I guess...That's kinda what it's about...But mostly escape from heartache...Here's part of the chorus:
"I got heroin and cigarettes -- Heroin and cigarettes, sittin' on the table that we used to share...I got heroin and cigarettes -- Heroin and cigarettes, starin' at the girl that's not relaly there..."

Anonymous said...

Great insight! I gotcha completely now, good idea.