9.18.2008

My new Tattoos...Coming soon to an Aja near YOU!!...


Mental journeys and soul searching have occurred and I am much more enlightened now...I'm not much of a religious being, but more spiritual than anything - gathering the fundamental theories from various religions that most make sense when applied to my mentality...In my quest to find symbols of inner and outward peace, I was reminded of a Buddhist mantra I've highly regarded since my 9th grade world religion class...Om Mani Padme Hum...The Dalai Lama describes these six syllables as meaning:

"...that in in dependence on the practice of a path which is an indivisible union of method and wisdom, you can transform your impure body, speech and mind into the pure exalted body, speech, and mind of Buddha..."

I interpret this as meaning through wisdom (in all its' capacities) one can truly learn to be at peace with oneself and the world, therefore becoming a more 'perfect' person...What a lovely way to be!


The Six Realms of Existence:

Om - Meditation (Purifies: Pride/Bliss)

Ma - Patience (Purifies: Jealousy/Lust for entertainment)

Ni - Discipline (Purifies: Passion/Desire)

Pad - Wisdom (Purifies: Ignorance/Prejudice)

Me - Generosity (Purifies: Poverty/Possessiveness)

Hum - Diligence (Purifies: Aggression/Hatred)

.FIN

No comments: